Friday, November 25, 2016

Pots and Pans Drumming

For the past two weeks of weeks Ruma J has been learning about pots and pans percussion and entered a competition hosted by Rad Rhythm. To enter the competition you have to come up with a drumming sequence on pots and pans. Your sequence had to be 1-2  minutes long and the grand prize is a drum kit for the school. I found the pots and pans drumming fun and a way I could use my drumming skills at school since I do drumming lessons most Mondays and I have a drum set at home.I would like to enter this competition next year. I hope lakebrunner keeps on teaching different types of music and I hope that we win the competition so we get the drum kit. If I could Remake my sequence I would have added more layering of patterns, movement of the pots and stick tricks.


Here is a video of my sequence with my friend Theo.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection Ridge, it's great you enjoyed this learning experience. Even though you are already a drummer, I hope you liked being a leader and applying your skills in a different form. This could be a great Home Links idea for you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.