Friday, June 30, 2017

Hacksaw Ridge Response Writing

Hacksaw Ridge is a true movie based on Desmond Doss a world war 2 medic and a conscientious objector who saved 75 lives behind enemy lines without even carrying a gun. It came out in November 2016 and is directed by Mel Gibson, it is rated R15.


It is an action packed movie with lots of graphic detail and an amazing story line.


The movie is special because it is a true story where a conscientious objector is a hero. Conscientious objectors were named cowards and were disliked. Desmond Doss became the first conscientious objector to receive the Medal of Honor and the only conscientious objector to receive it in WW2


I like this movie because it has lots of action and interesting scenes and you don’t get bored. During the movie there is lots of explosions and gunfire and interesting parts when you are nervous like when he was in the tunnel and the Japanese were around every corner.


Overall I loved the movie since it is really graphic unique, is action packed and has a great story line.


I recommend this movie to anyone who likes action movies or war movies and is mature enough to see bloody graphic scenes.

For my creative response I made a small video. It is a small reenacted scene of the movie where Desmond doss drags a wounded soldier behind cover and gives him morphine in the middle of a battle. I chose to do this because I thought it would be fun to do. Here is the video.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Ridge I really liked watching your creative response to the movie Hacksaw Ridge. Did you choose to do a response on this because your name is in the title. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Ridge! I think that you described the movie very well as I have seen it and can recall all the things you mentioned happening. I also thing the video was great, if not a little bit less intense than the original scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.