Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Walls of China is a painting made by Russell Drysdale in 1945. It involves a barrenness Australian outback landscape with a dead tree as the focus and dark colours.


It is a very gloomy piece of art but the colours contrast and the painting technique used makes it looked sort of smudged and mixed.


I like how the colours are dark and gloomy but they also contrast and really stand out.  The colours are red,  brown, yellow, white and black.


I like how the painting technique looks smudged on half of the painting but the other half  is neat lines with lots of detail. The ground and sky is smudged and blended but the dead tree has lots of detail.


I like this art since it is dark and gloomy but the colours contrast. The paint in some parts is mixed and  smudged which I like and in other parts it has got lots of detail. I recommend this for anyone who likes dark colours.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.